CCPL Book Talks

Since I started my current job when the pandemic was starting to hit the United States, I have not been able to do in-person library programming. But thanks to technology, I can reach not only the patrons of Charleston County, but around the world through virtual programming.

I have been doing a number of book talks, mostly on African American debut fiction.  Here are the two that I did from home. One is about female authors. They are only on Facebook.

Women Authors

African American Debut Authors

The next set of videos were filmed after the staff was able to get back into the library. We have a digital studio in the building and my coworker films and edits the videos (and makes me look good on camera). Fortunately, our communications department has started putting all videos on YouTube as well as Facebook.





I recently taped two more videos that will be on CCPL's Facebook and YouTube pages in late March and April. I have to tape them weeks in advance so the communications and outreach departments can schedule and approve them. The videos will continue the theme of African American Debut Authors, but for those who released books in 2021 (new year, new books).  I will put them on the blog when they become live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

National Book Club Conference 2011

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010