Hello World!!

Hello!! My name is Maya and I am your Reading Diva. I will be writing book reviews, giving you information about books (and events involving books) and other information that I would like to share. I will mostly be focusing on African-American literature (no Urban Lit, yuck), but I will also write about true crime, biographies and any other book that I find interesting. I do have some plans for this blog, such as a book club, but those will be in the future.

I live in the beautiful state of South Carolina, where there are smiling faces, beautiful places and Republican leaders who like to find ways to embarrass us. Ever since I was a little girl, I have always love the written word. I love it so much that I graduated from the University of South Carolina with a degree in journalism. When that didn't work out, I decided to go back to Carolina and now I am working on a Master's degree in Library Science. Besides reading, I like to write, do volunteer work, surf on the Internet (probably looking for something to read), hang out with friends and watch sports (especially Gamecock football). I am a member of two of the best sororities in the world: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated (a big OO-OOP to all of my sorors) and Omega Phi Alpha National Service Sorority (yellow roses to all of my sisters).

I have wanted to do this for a long time and now I am ready to take this journey of sharing what I know with you. Please join me and I will guarantee we will all have a good time!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

National Book Club Conference 2011

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010