Book News You Can Use 8/2/13

My Friday Reads is Ghana Must Go.  It started out slow (at least to me) at first, and now it's picked up. I hope to be done with it soon (especially that the book was due back to the library yesterday and I can't renew it).

Kelly Clarkson bought Jane Austen's ring but the Brits don't want her to have it.

A man from my hometown has to pay Fern Michaels $75,000 for defamation.

While Spike Lee is raising money for his new project on Kickstarter, his wife Tonya and her production partner have acquired movie rights to five books, including ones by Lois Lowry and Walter Dean Myers.

A court case that involved the identity of Robert Galbraith (AKA J. K. Rowling) has been settled.  She's still winning.

With your help, we can help producers make Pearl Cleage's Babylon Sisters into a movie!

The National Book Club Conference started today.  The timing of this year's event didn't work out, since it was stuck between Delta's National Convention and my sister's wedding next weekend.  Here's the blog post of my book club and I attending the event two years ago.  At least registration for 2014 is already open (and hope it doesn't conflict with South Atlantic Regional Convention).


Pic is from Penguin, the publisher of the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

National Book Club Conference 2011

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010