South Carolina Book Festival 2012 Preview

It's time for the South Carolina Book Festival!  I will be heading to Columbia (also known as the Capital City and Gamecock Country) tomorrow to take up two days of authors, books and more books. This is my first time going in two years.

I'm so excited because this year because several of my favorite authors are going to be there. Kimberla Lawson Roby will be there Saturday morning and Zane will be speaking in the afternoon. (Side note: to be honesty, I think the author of 50 Shades of Gray took Zane's M.O.) I will also get to see Miranda Parker, who I had a great chance of meeting last year at the National Book Club Conference. Acoustic Rooster will also make his way to the Columbia Convention Center as Kwame Alexander will take part in this year's festival.

On Sunday, I finally get to see and meet Eric Jerome Dickey! He's one of the few famous African-American authors I haven't met. So when I found out he was coming, I nearly passed out (seriously).

Other authors include Pat Conroy, Richard Paul Evans and Mary Alice Monroe.

I hope to have something up by no later than Monday because I will be heading out of town (this time for work) later on in the week.  And if you are attending, I hope to see you there!

If you are not going and live in the Charleston area, Diva Read Retreat Book Club will be having their Evening of Literature with Curtis Bunn Saturday night.  It's at 7 p.m. at the Pilot's Lounge in Summerville.  More information can be found here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

National Book Club Conference 2011

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010