As of today, I have read ten true crime books this year. I think out of all the ones that I've read, only one of them I really didn't like. Most of these books were released this year, but there maybe a few that are older. A Poisoned Passion by Diane Fanning: Air Force Staff Sgt. Mike Severance survived Iraq and Afghanistan, but did not survive his marriage to Wendi Davidson. Wendi, a vet, poisoned her husband and threw away his body in a stock pond. Fanning does a good job of highlighting both families affected by this crime. Savage Son by Corey Mitchell : Bart Whitaker hires two of his friends to kill his immediate family so he can inherit their million-dollar fortune. Only problem is that his father lives. It takes a while for the cops to catch up with Bart and his friends and now Bart is on death row. And his father still defends him (as much as you can defend a son who tried to kill you). Our Little Secret by Kevin Flynn and Rebecca Lavoie : For 20 years, the murd...
I received an ARC from Grand Central Publishing and Netgalley . Opinions are my own. Drama in the Black Family continues in Kimberla Lawson Roby's new book, The Ultimate Betrayal , which is out TODAY! This book focuses on Alicia, Curtis' oldest daughter, and her best friend Melanie. Alicia is engaged to Phillip, her first husband. They broke up years ago because of Alicia's addiction to shopping and her affair with Levi, a drug dealer. Levi's been locked up for a few years and now he's out of prison. And wants Alicia back. Will she stay faithful to Phillip or will the Black genes kick in and cause her to be unfaithful again? Melanie has a weight problem. Or so she thinks. She's the ideal weight for her height, but constantly thinks that she's fat. Will her weight problems cause her to loose her marriage and her life? And what's up with the money that her husband Brad keeps taking out of the bank account? If you are a fan of Kimberla...
Wonderful. That is the best word I can use to describe the 16th Annual South Carolina Book Festival . I had so much fun and got to a chance to meet (and re-meet) some wonderful authors during this two day event in Columbia. After waking up early Saturday morning and driving about an hour an a half to the Capital City, I arrive at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. And the first person I see when I arrived is Kwame Alexander. And he notices that I'm wearing my Capital Bookfest tee. I also met with my friend Valinda (who was volunteering at the festival) at the door and she took pictures. For those who have seen these pictures on my Facebook page realize that I am not smiling in that one. When Valinda took the other picture, it looks like I'm frowning. But I was getting ready to smile when she took that picture. After greeting Kwame, Valinda and I went to see Kimberla Lawson Roby. She talked about her new...
Comments
Post a Comment