Book News You Can Use 10/4/13



Some of you may have seen this story already via Facebook and/or Twitter, but if you haven't seen it, here it goes.

On September 22, I ordered The Awesome Girl's Guide to Dating Extraordinary Men from a book store that was not called Amazon.  I knew the book was scheduled to come out two days later, and I figured by the time I returned home from Washington, D. C., it would be there.  And they were offering free express shipping since I was a member of their discount club.  I get an email on Friday, September 27 (last Friday, which was five days later) that the book was on back order and it would take up to four weeks to get the book. NO MA'AM.  I canceled that order and ordered through Amazon.  Monday, I got an email saying Amazon had just mailed it off and it arrived on Tuesday. And I didn't do express shipping (Amazon has two warehouses in the state and they may have come from one of them). Lesson: when in (serious) doubt, order from Amazon.  I haven't started reading the book yet, because my Amazon orders are still being sent to my parents' house. I may need to change that.

Relax in Paradise Tom Clancy.

Wendy Williams needs help in naming her new fiction book.  "How You Doing" must not be an option.

Don't we have Netflix for books already? It's called the library!

Bridget Jones fans are shocked that a major character is not in the book.

Earlier works of Michael Crichton will be republished.

This review of How To Slowly Kill Yourself and Others in America is awesome. And so is this interview.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

National Book Club Conference 2011

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010