Book News You Can Use 7/9/13



Sad to hear of the passing of Francis Ray.  She came to the South Carolina Book Festival several years ago, but didn't get a chance to meet her due to a work commitment.  Prayers go out to her family, friends and fans.  Articles of her passing are here and here.

One of my friends yesterday also alerted me of the passing of Destiny Smith, AKA Author MiAmor, earlier this week. She was only 18 and had already published two books.

Barnes and Noble is not having a good month.  First they decided to get rid of the Nook HD and now their CEO quits.


Speaking of Random House, their merger with Penguin became official last week.

I will be missing for a few days due to my attendance at the 51st National Convention of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.  I will at least get the summer reads listing out and have it published later in the week or early next week.  There will be a literary fair and program as a part of the convention.  Many authors will be there, including a very famous football player.  A recap of this event (as well as others I haven't written yet) will be on the blog when I get back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

National Book Club Conference 2011

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010