Book News You Can Use 7/26/13



Above is the trailer for Half of a Yellow Sun. Enjoy!

And the author of Half of a Yellow Sun got some of her fellow (male) African authors all emo.

Relax in Paradise Helen Thomas and Lindy Hess.

GoodReads has now reached 20 million users!

The long list for the Booker Prize for Fiction was announced on Tuesday. I currently have "We Need New Names".

So Brad Thor offered to replace George Zimmerman's gun. Yes the same gun he used to kill an unarmed teenage.  Jason over at Rubicon Reader nicely rips him a new one.

Message for JK Rowling: no matter who reveled you were Robert Galbraith, you're still winning.

Ann Rule is suing a Seattle weekly newspaper for defamation, saying that the article hurt her reputation and book sales.  You get 'em, Ann.

Here is a lovely slideshow of the Harlem Book Festival.

Flowers in the Attic is about to become a Lifetime movie.

Speaking of movies, rights to Omar Tyree's Flyy Girl trilogy have been acquired.  They really should do the first book only.  The sequels....uh, no.

Who is Rosamund Pike? And can she play bats**t crazy? #gonegirl

Zadie Smith is working on a Sci-Fi novel.

Comments

  1. Gotta read Half of a Yellow Sun before the movie comes out! I have a profile but I haven't been able to get into GoodReads. I have the Booker Prize list book marked. I'll review it and see what I want to add to my TBR list. I went to the Harlem Book Fair and had a great time! Definitely planning to go back next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that's a lot on your blog. I got to catch up on some series movies and books. Love To Yah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shannon! Haven't read Half of a Yellow Sun, but just finished reading Americanan and I really enjoyed it. I've been getting more into GoodReads but haven't abandoned Shelfari. I would like to go the Harlem Book Festival one day!

    Hey Valinda! I was gone from the blog for about two weeks, due to me going to DST National Convention. I had to play catchup! Love to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wait. I forgot all about Shelfari. Actually, I may have deactivated my profile which is what I'm leaning towards with GoodReads. It's just too much!

      Everywhere I turn people are talking about Americanah. I have a list of books that I want to get through before the end of the year so by time I get to it, it will be old news.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010

Guest Post: National Black Book Festival