Touching basis

I'm sorry that is has been over a week since I last posted. I was without a car for a few days and had to stay with the parents so I could get a ride to work. Right now I am in Columbia (about 2 hours away) for work. Then with my last semester in graduate school cranking up, I have been pretty busy the last few days.

I found out from one of my friends a few days ago that Carl Weber will be at the Northwoods Mall Books-A-Million a week from today (January 28) at 7 p.m. I will be there, as well as many of my friends. I will take plenty of pictures so I can share it with you. At least someone at Books-A-Million realize that there are plenty of fans in Charleston.

Also, one of my friends told me about a kiosk at Northwoods Mall that sold African-American books. It's called the Urban Knowledge Book Store and I got to talk to one of the guys who helps run the booth. They have a lot of books and they have been doing well since word has been spreading. After looking at the Website, it turns out that Carl owns the booth. I may do a story about it in the near future.

Reading has slowed down a little due to school and the unusual weeks I've had lately (the car, MLK holiday, experiencing a real winter in South Carolina). I hope to pick back up soon.

One more thing: I am thinking about buying O, A Presidential Novel. I've heard good and bad reviews, but since the author is not known, I don't want to give my money to a person who is anti-Obama. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010

Black Ink Book Festival 2023 Recap