Dear Uncle Steve



Re: Straight Talk, No Chaser

Dear Uncle Steve,

First off, I would like to say that I have enjoyed your work. From the radio show, to the comedy and to the TV show I catch on reruns on Centric and TBS, you have been a great source of entertainment.

I have read both of your books and as a single, college-educated African-American female, I was interested in what you had to say regarding your opinions on how we should approach men. But what I really wanted to discuss is Chapter 7 of your latest book, Straight Talk, No Chaser. The one about looking presentable, dressing up even, when you go out.

I understand that you may never know when you meet "the one," but I will never try to dress up everywhere I go. That is just too much for me, and women in general, to do.

These are a few places that I will never dress up to go, unless I go there straight from work:
  • Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target or any similar stores
  • Food Lion, Bi-Lo, Publix, Piggly Wiggly or any grocery store
  • The gym (and I hope no man shows up there because I work out at Curves)
  • Any other place I feel that I should not dress up at
A guy should approach me regardless of what I'm wearing. So if a guy sees me wearing jeans, a sweatshirt and my hair in a ponytail and still wants to approach me, that should be a guy I would want to talk to, because he sees me as attractive to begin with. And I am also not applying that 90 day rule you suggested, because if a guy wants to be involved and have a serious relationship with me, he's going to see me at my worst anyway.

I know that your books have helped plenty of women to find and/or keep the man of their dreams and I understand that. But for one to find what they are looking for, they must be confident in themselves. If a man comes along and doesn't see the great things she sees in herself, she have every right to move on and find someone who does. Being confident in yourself is the first thing a woman should do to get a man. And they don't have to think like a man to do so.

Signed,
The Reading Diva

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

National Book Club Conference 2011

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010