Doing Big Things in 2012!

Happy New Year! Hope your 2012 is going well. Everything is good here in the lovely state of South Carolina. We've been flooded with commercials, stories, signs, etc. because the Republican Presidential Primary is Saturday. And I will be so happy when it's over. Even though some cool people are in town, including Anderson Cooper, Donna Brazile and hometown favorite Stephen Colbert, I am tired of the bashing and the negativity. Can't wait until things are back to normal.

So far, I've read 5 books, which I think is good. Four of those books were books I started in 2011. I'm almost halfway through Perfect Peace, which is really good. I am trying to read it by Saturday since the Book Club Groupies (the book club formally known as the Literary Divas of the Lowcountry) will be discussing it. And I'm almost to the point where the stuff hits the fan. And for anyone who has read this book knows what I'm talking about.

This past Friday (which I know it was the 13th, but it was Delta's Founders Day, so I wasn't even thinking about bad luck), I got the chance to attend a literary event with Niobia Bryant (also known as Meesha Mink and Simone Bryant) at the Cooper River Library. Even though it was a small crowd, we had a good time discussing books and the book industry. Do you know that she writes 4 different genres under three different publishers?

In other news:

The nominations for NAACP Image Awards were announced today. Here are the literature nominations.

Also, the Edgar Award nominations (for mystery books and true crime) were also announced. One of my favorites of 2011 is on the Best Fact Crime list!

Carl Weber and Eric Pete will be in Columbia February 3 to promote their new book, The Family Business. It will be from 6-8:30 pm at the Urban Knowledge Book Store at Columbia Place (aka Columbia Mall).

Cheers to a new year and great books!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

National Book Club Conference 2011

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010